Re: [Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: iPads for Everyone

Re: [Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: iPads for Everyone

James Nylen
Lots of other reasons to get pastured beef too:  it supports local farmers over industrial grain monocultures, and it probably won't kill you.

Re: [Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: iPads for Everyone

Stephen Kraus
Where is the 'probably won't kill you coming from'

Local farmers are still subject to USDA regulations.

Quoting Stephen Kraus <[hidden email]>:

> Ecological disaster, sure, but less likely to kill you? 'Kill' and
> 'Inflammations' are a little different.

My take on the whole "less likely to kill you" bit is that at least
you have a better idea where your meat is coming from, especially if
you buy directly from the farmer/rancher and you know the butcher
doing the butchering. I've seen horror stories about the quality of
the meat coming from the commercial farmers and slaughter
houses/butchers. If I had the capacity to buy meat in bulk, I'd buy it
from the local guys every time.

Re: [Chugalug] [Bulk] Re: iPads for Everyone

Rod-Lists
My mother in law got a cancer diagnoses.
Her Doc wants her to stay away from any meet with hormone supplements.
Says it feeds the cancer.